Visa & Job Type

Full-Time Teaching Positions

Visa sponsorship normally provided

Qualifications for an employer sponsored English teaching visa(E-2):

  1. A bachelor’s degree and citizenship from: Ireland, the UK, South Africa, USA, Canada, Australia or New Zealand
  2. No criminal record

F-2, 4, 5 and 6 visa holders can work any job without visa sponsorship.

Private Tutoring

Must register as a private tutor

F-2, 4, and 5 visa holders only. You must register as a private tutor(개인과외) at your local office of education(교육지원청).

At your local office of education(교육지원청) bring:

  1. Apostilled/Notarized proof document from the last school you attended
  2. Alien Registration Card
  3. Passport
  4. Verification photo
  5. Residence proof document (거주지 등록 확인서)

Part-Time Teaching Positions

Visa sponsorship not provided

E-2 visa holders need:

  1. Visa sponsoring employer’s permission to do other teaching work
  2. Hours at the secondary place of employment cannot exceed ⅓ of total teaching hours

F-2, 4, 5 and 6 visa holders can work any job without visa sponsorship.

Legal Disclaimer

ESL Job Map does not accept any legal responsibility for your visa status or work eligibility. We provide this information to the best of our knowledge, but the individual and the employer maintain full responsibility for ensuring all work they do is legal.

If you are unsure or have questions, please consult with the Immigration Contact Center in Korea(1345). English support is available.